Wednesday, March 25, 2009

DISHWASHER FRUSTRATION

The new machine's in. But ach, the learning curve involved in adapting to the new tine pattern. Complain though I might about the old Kenmore, I was able to fit a typical dinner's worth of beschmutzed plates and such into the dishwasher in such a way that everything would be clean and nicely dry in the morning without having to run the heated-dry cycle. I was able to tilt various cups and glasses just enough so that water would not collect in their recessed bottoms. A thing of beauty, it was.

This new Maytag...hmm. Too many horizontal surfaces, and the tines aren't long enough to place a coffee mug so that it'll tilt like it did in the Kenmore.

Shall I do the non-guy thing and actually read the manual?

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Read the manual? That's so girly. But, I must admit, I like being a girl.

Can't you just put the cups in a different way so that they tilt? You'll figure it out, I'm sure.