Thursday, August 21, 2008

IN WHICH I MAKE AN EMBARRASSING DISCOVERY

While searching for the spool of line for the weedwhacker today, I found an ancient mixtape from a woman who may have wanted to be my girifriend many many years ago - and who then came to her senses and ran all the way back home to Wisconsin just to be on the safe side, because the 30-year-old me wasn't the amazing specimen of Compleat Manhood you see before you today.

Having seen the site "Cassettes from my Ex" a while back, I thought I'd write its story as best as I could recall.

Suffice to say I'm going to do my damndest to teach my little Beast not to make the same mistakes I made back then, because if there's one regret I have in my life it's that I didn't have it together enough to meet Her Awesomeness when I was younger, so that we'd have had that much more time together now.

I also wish I had it together enough to remember where the hell I put that spool.

No comments: