Sunday, March 23, 2008

THE CHOCOLATE CRUCIFIX AND OTHER UNHOLINESS

Um...I'm nobody's idea of pious, but is this over the line?


I would've snapped a picture of the originals that Noodle and Beast got from one of their grandmothers, but they've long since been gobbled up and the kids were so hopped up on chocoloate I have long since been through with being weirded out by a chocolate crucifix.

Nana let slip over the weekend that the Easter Bunny used to hide eggs with candy in them in my slippers when I was a lad. DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT NO. We were hoping to minimize that aspect of Easter, just because the kids have had candy shoved at them at every turn for the better part of a week and it's all a bit much, especially since St. Patrick's Day has also been converted into a sweets-hoovering opportunity for kids. At least an early Easter means the next sugar-bombing doesn't happen until the Memorial Day parade. Here, kid - have a Tootsie Roll in memory of my Uncle Pete who died at Guadalcanal.

Or maybe Her Awesomeness and I should simply be glad that there's no Martin Luther King Day candy yet (ooh - a big rock candy mountaintop! And I have a Dreamsicle!).

This much is clear: next year, the Bunny is showing up during Easter Mass and not the night before, so that Mommy and Daddy can have their pancakes in relative peace.


No comments: