Wednesday, May 21, 2008

BECAUSE WE FREAKIN' COLLAPSED, THAT'S WHY

We've been cross-eyed and loopy from the weekend, and needed a couple days to go -foomp- on the couch. Yeah, good luck with that.

Noodle again broke (okay, bent) her new glasses, so no TV for her yesterday and instead she went through a whole bottle of Elmer's while I was busy putting together the afternoon news. Tuesday was school-budget voting day in New York, so I had to keep an eye on the five dozen or so relevant yesses and nos and go vote in my own district.

Not that I want to inject politics here (I'll go put another blog together for that, thanks), but be aware, O childless ones, that when you become a parent, half of you turns into a bug-eyed foaming right-winger and the other half becomes a simpering leftist ninny. Tuesday was the day wherein I indulged my inner Kucinich. Pass the budget? Yes. And the new wheelchair van? Definitely. Padma Lakshmi as the lunch lady? No? DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN???

No comments: