Monday, May 12, 2008

THINGS I'LL NEVER DO AGAIN: THE MOTHER'S DAY BUFFET

Stupid choice by yours truly. Thought I'd be doing the Nana and Her Awesomeness a favor by taking them out for Mother's Day to a restaurant that they found favor with in previous visits. I won't throw them under the bus here, since they've been an excellent establishment otherwise. (I will tell you that they're not one of the places linked here under Food and Drink.)

Still.

The Mother's Day buffet is a HUGE restaurant cop-out. It's supposed to be about pampering mom, not making her stand in a cattle line waiting for mass-produced steam-table food. Lame, lame, lame. $19.95 a head worth of lame in this case, and even I can't eat twenty bucks' worth of steam-table bacon and eggs with pasta salad. The Nana actually wanted to go to Noodle's favorite diner in Elizaville, but overthinking things I idiotically insisted on bringing everybody to the "nice" place for brunch. My wife and I also learned yesterday that brunch is not a concept that resonates with the little ones. They're not hungry enough for lunch, and delaying breakfast is decidedly not an option.

Lessons learned.

No comments: